Friday, August 6, 2010

Good morning South Africa! Good morning world!

I noticed this morning that the wild birds in the garden do no eat their seed. Do they know something we don't? I suppose it is monster gm seed created by Hugh Grant of Monsanto.

Anyway, I have a recipe for you, quick and easy to make and we made it with only organic ingredients.

Black bean and chilli soup

onion 1, chopped
celery 2 sticks, sliced
carrot 1, cut into small pieces
olive oil
chilli flakes a pinch
ground cumin, half a teaspoon
chopped tomatoes 1x400g tin
vegetable stock, 400ml
black beans 1x 400gr tin, rinsed and drained
plain yoghurt 150ml
coriander, small bunch

Cook the onion,celery and carrrot in 1 tbsp olive oil till softened.
Add chilli flakes and cumin and cook for 1 minute.
dd tomatoes,stock,beans and simmer for about 30 minutes, until veg is tender.
Serve with a dollop of yoghurt and chopped coriander on top.

I found this recipe in BBC Olive magazine
It is very tasty, but I must admit, we added a teaspoon of grated garlic too.
My wife reckons next time she'll put in more beans.

Anyway, try it!

I'll give you another recipe a.s.a.p.

There is a thick mist outside, feels as though I am in Mpumalanga. So, I think I shall stay in bed just a little bit longer!



No comments: